Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Foodie Blubs from Haleiwa, HI



Beach House Restaurant

62-540 Kamehameha Hwy #1, Haleiwa, HI


Yesterday, we went off in search of where the big waves show surfers what they're made of. This took us on a ride up to the North Shore, approximately 34 miles from Honolulu. I felt transported to another time and place as we passed Coffee Farms and Pineapple Plantations along this Pacific Coastal area. Our search ended at a restaurant called the Beach House overlooking the ocean and an amazing sunset.




I dined on a tasty House Fettuccini with mushrooms, onions, and asparagus. The dish was accented by a white wine butter sauce and a memorable balsamic reduction. Like most people, I was completely satisfied until I got a better look at hubby’s meal. Although I am vegan most of the year, I had to taste his Beef Short Rib, braised in red wine with roasted onions on top of tantalizing Yukon mashed potatoes.




The trip was well worth the meal and the stunning going down of the sun! Thank you, Haleiwa.





No comments:

Post a Comment